St. Timothy’s is located in the historic center of Wilson. Our main building, completed in 1908, is Gothic Revival in style and has preservation status, but it blends the historic and the functional. The nave is constructed in the traditional cross, with a center aisle. Two later additions provide classroom, kitchen, and reception space and a small library; and offices and a chapel. Also on the property is a Carriage House that has a small kitchen and dining area. This space is used by our Community Outreach Team to serve breakfast to anyone who is hungry at 9:00 am on Sundays. The church is located at the intersection of Goldsboro and Green streets, right behind the Wilson County Courthouse and the Wilson Police Station and around the corner from the offices of the Wilson County School Board.
Most of our beautiful stained glass windows are the work of Willet Studios; their theme is the life of Christ, with individual windows representing his nativity and ministry: parables, miracles; Crucifixion; resurrection; the four evangelists; and symbols of the Holy Trinity and the Church. They are protected with a Lexan coating.
St. Timothy’s organ is the work of a Canadian firm, Casavant Frères. Built in 1951, it has been refurbished and augmented several times.
It is a two-manual organ with 30 ranks, comprising 1,832 pipes (on Great, Swell, and Pedal).
Adjoining the nave is the Common Room, an elegant room that is used mostly for receptions. It connects with another building that houses the parish hall (Anderson Hall), kitchen, classrooms, vesting and choir rooms, and a library.
Nestled between these buildings are the Memorial Garden and the Columbarium. This space serves not only as an oasis for meditation and resting pace for our dearly departed, but also as a joyful garden for Easter services and weddings. Connected by a portico is the administration building, with offices for the rector, parish administrator, and financial coordinator, and a cozy chapel for Wednesday Eucharist or intimate services. Across the spacious parking lots is the Carriage House, where Sunday breakfast is served to those in need.