WILSON ON THE MOVE
The Wilson Economic Development Council is comprised of its board of directors and its full-time team appointed by the City and County with a responsibility to critically consider and develop Wilson’s industrial landscape. WEDC is a public entity supported equally by the Wilson County Board of Commissioners and the Wilson City Council.
WEDC was formed in the fall of 1957 as the Wilson Industrial Council. The board, then appointed solely by the Wilson County Board of Commissioners, was assigned the task of not only making Wilson more attractive to industrial prospects, but also marketing Wilson to the industrial community. Today the mission is largely the same but with an added partner. The Wilson Economic Development Council is equally supported by the Wilson County Board of Commissioners and the Wilson City Council. Each entity provides board appointments, funding and program support in a collaborative effort to make Wilson an exciting location for new and expanding industries.